Amsterdam Attractions and Tourism: When in Amsterdam Information
Amsterdam offers an exceptional amount of outstanding attractions and there is without doubt something for everyone in the city of Amsterdam.
Whether you are looking for an exciting nightlife in Amsterdam's famous Red Light District, history and exhibitions in Amsterdam's numerous museums and galleries, or entertainment, bars, music and theatres, Amsterdam has it all. There are also numerous excursions available, travelling to nearby attractions, towns and cities close to Amsterdam, in the Netherlands.
Amsterdam is also home to a busy shopping centre and thriving coffee shop culture, with a huge selection of shops and shopping centres, together with lively Amsterdam restaurants and street cafés.
Amsterdam Attractions and Tourism: Major Places of Interest
Some of the most popular places to go and things to do in Amsterdam include the following Amsterdam landmarks and monuments. The majority of the main tourism attractions in Amsterdam open on a daily basis . Admission at the Amsterdam attractions is often free, or quite inexpensive.
- Amsterdam Canals
- Artis Zoo
- Beurs van Berlage / Old Stock Exchange
- Centraal Station / Central Station
- Concertgebouw / Concert Hall
- Dam Square
- De diamanten Industrie / Diamond Industry
- Elektrische Museumtramlijn / Electric Tramline Museum
- Heinekenbrouwerij / Heineken Brewery Museum
- Holland Casino Amsterdam
- Holland Manege / Royal Riding School
- Hollandsche Schouwburg / Amsterdam Dutch Theatre
- Hortus Botanicus / Amsterdam Botanical Gardens
- Keukenhof / Amsterdam Tulip Gardens
- Koninklijk Paleis / Royal Palace
- Kröller-Müller Museum
- Leidseplein / Leidse Square
- Magna Plaza
- Munttoren / Mint Tower
- Muziektheater / Music Theatre
- Paleis Het Loo / Palace Het Loo
- Rembrandtsplein / Rembrandt Square
- Rossebuurt / Amsterdam Red Light District
- Schreierstoren / Weepers' Tower
Amsterdam Attractions and Tourism: Popular Excursions from Amsterdam
Tourism excursions close to Amsterdam include short trips to Palace Het Loo, Park Artis, Rotterdam and The Hague, all of which can be easily reached from Amsterdam. Hiring a car is a popular method of transport when travelling to attractions outside of Amsterdam, although other transport options in Amsterdam include taxis, buses, trams and scooters. Amsterdam is a particularly flat area and is also well suited to cycling.
Book your Amsterdam Car Rental here - excellent rates available, up to 65% discount.
Amsterdam (AMS) Airports Information Guides